I have decided to open up my website with this particular post as I think it is crucial in understanding where you are getting your skincare information from. There is a lot of skin health misinformation and myths on the internet-driven by non-skin experts primarily because of how easy it is to do on social media. Dermatologists should be your go-to for all your skin needs. We treat over 3000 conditions of the skin, hair, and nails.
This is the road to becoming a board-certified dermatologist. In my case, this road was even longer because I am also trained in Internal Medicine which gives me even more expertise in dealing with complex medical dermatology cases.
- 4 years of undergraduate education
- 4 years of medical school education
- 2 years of specialized training in Internal Medicine
- 3 years of specialized training in Dermatology ( I completed a combined Internal Medicine/Dermatology Residency) (12,000-16,000 hours of required direct patient care)
- Sitting for and passing the dermatology board certification exam.
Next time you decide where to seek care please think about the qualifications of the provider you chose. Only trust your care in experts!